Rules for Ladies’ games
BILLERICAY BOWLING CLUB. LADIES COMPETITIONS RULES
1. All competitions will be staged on an annual basis and shall be played under EWBA and/or ECWBA Rules as applicable
2. Control of the Ladies Club Competitions will be with the Ladies Committee, up to and including the Semi-Finals.
3. All Singles Competitions will be played on a straight knock-out basis and each round shall be completed by the date decided by the Ladies Secretary. The first named competitor in each round shall be the Challenger and be responsible for arranging the tie and providing the Marker, except in the case of the Final for which competent Lady Markers will be nominated by the Ladies Captain or Vice- Captain. No singles game to be played without the presence of a marker. Names of Finalists and Markers to be submitted, by the Ladies' Secretary to the Competition Secretary.
4. Subsequent to the first round the Challenger shall, within seven days of the start of each round, or within seven days of a match involving a player where an ‘extension’ had been granted in the previous round, offer her opponent two dates, one of which must be accepted with three days. Should the Challenger fail to comply, the right to challenge will pass to her opponent. The original Challenger will still be responsible for providing the marker.
In exceptional circumstances, and with the agreement of the Ladies' Captain and/or Vice-Captain, a tie may be postponed for no more than seven days. In the event of neither players making arrangements to play the tie and no application being made for an ‘extension’, both players will be eliminated.
5. Games postponed due to inclement weather/green being declared unfit for play, shall be played at a mutually agreed date, up to seven days after the round closing date. Games interrupted/abandoned due to inclement weather/green being declared unfit for play shall be resumed at a mutually agreed date, up to seven days after the round closing date at the same score as at the time of interruption/abandonment. In the event of any dispute, the Ladies' Captain shall be informed, and the matter decided by the Ladies' Committee.
6. If a match has started and a player leaves the green, for whatever reason, an is unable to continue after ten minutes, that player will retire and a walk-over will be awarded to her opponent.
7. The winning competitor in each round shall be responsible for entering her name on the competition sheet.
8 The final of each of the Ladies Competitions will be played on Club Finals Days. The winners will be presented with a trophy, which will be retained for one year and returned to the Competition Secretary, when requested, in a clean condition.
Rules Relating to Specific Competitions
9. Ladies' Championship.
To be played to 21 shots with 2 trial ends. Four bowls per player
10. Ladies' 2 Wood
To be played to 21 shots with 2 trial ends. Two bowls per player
11. Ladies' Pairs
To be played to 21 ends with 2 trial ends. Four bowls per player.
Each pairing to comprise 1 higher handicap bowler and 1 lower handicap bowler, as closely as possible.
A one-day ladies’ pairs competition.
Each player will have 4 bowls
Each team will play 3 games of 8 ends and the toss for the jack
No trial ends but just 1 shot on the first end of each game
Burnt ends to be replayed without penalty
Skips must leave the head together and skips can visit the head after their 3rd bowl
The Ladies’ captain will divide players into leads (low handicap player) and skips (Higher handicap player) but the pairings will be drawn on the day
Maximum of 24 players can enter but there must be an even number of
With 5 pairs the competition will be run as a round robin with each team playing 4 games of 6 ends
With 4 pairs the competition will be run as a round robin with each team playing 3 games of 8 ends
Less than 8 entrants will result in the competition being postponed or cancelled
2 Points will be awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw plus 1 point for each end won
The winning pair will be those with the highest score.
For a tie the winner will be the team with the highest shot difference.